Dams, Canals Kansai Area
|Facilities||Shorenjigawa Diversion Facility (Intake sluice gate, pumping station, Rokkenkagawa Canal Length= approx.0.9km)|
|Details||Shorenjigawa Development facility works to convert river maintenance flow portion of Shorenji River and Rokkenya River water to the urban water for Hanshin Region, which was originally designated for newly developed water of 8.5m³/s and divert max. 22m³/s of water from the tidal area of Yodo River as substitute for the maintenance of water purification function of Shorenji River and Rokkenya River.
In addition, entrusted by Osaka Prefecture, JWA has been managing inner water drainage from Shorenji River and Rokkenya River to Yodo River with the use of this diversion facility at the time of flood high tide since July 1970.
- 1-10-46 Takami Konohana-ku, Osaka City, Osaka Pref.
- Phone No.
- Fax No.
Apprx. 5 min. by walking from Yodogawa sta. of Hanshin Electric Railway
- Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN
- About 5km away from Shorenji Development site, Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN is located. This aquarium presents various seawater creatures, featuring the Pacific Ocean. There are over 15 water tanks, each creating a specific region of the Pacific Rim.
Right next to the aquarium is the shopping/amusement complex Temposan Harbor Village. Restaurants and cafeterias are located in Temposan Marketplace and Naniwa Kuishinobo Yokocho, where you will find local shops serving Osaka's food specialties.
Photo by "Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN" HP
See more ->Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN
- Osaka Castle
- Osaka Castle is the symbol of Osaka residents. The castle was originally built by then Toyotomi Government but after the battles for the switch of the Japan's ruler from Toyotomi Family to Tokugawa Family, the original structures were mostly buried and during the early Edo Period under Tokugawa Shogunate Government, the castle was rebuilt on the original site. Currently 13 structures including turrets, gates, and storehouses keep the original construction of early Edo Period but the castle tower, or the donjon, was rebulit after the World War II. It is made of ferro-concrete. Now it is the 5 layer-8 storied building and the inside serves as the museum. It displays the history and the life during the reign of the founder Toyotomi Hideyoshi with armors. The display includes the reprica of golden walled tea room and the minuture model of Osaka Castle, etc. Near some of the gates, the visitors will find huge stones used as part of the walls. The biggest one weighs 130 tons. Some of those stones were shipped from the islands in Seto Inland Sea. You will find it puzzling how those were delivered from the quarries to the castle in the old days.
Photo by "Osaka Castle" HP
See more ->Osaka Castle
- Osaka Science Museum
- Osaka Science Museum is situated with a walking distance of 1km from Yodoyabashi Station or 900km from Fukushima Station. This museum features exhibit sections for universe, chemistry, electricity and energy, plus science shows. In addition, a planetarium is situated in this museum. For those who are interested in the sectors of science fields, the visit to this museum will be worthwhile.
Photo by "Osaka Science Museum" HP
See more ->Osaka Science Museum
- Abeno Harukas
- Abeno Harukas is the name of the tallest building in Japan, located in the central part of Osaka City. The observatory floor is located on the top of this building, 300m above the ground. Visitors to this observatory will be fascinated by the 360 degree fullest view of the surroundings, including Osaka Plain, Awaji Island and the Akashi Strait Bridge connecting Akashi City and the Island, Kyoto City. When the sun is down, splended night view is seen, too.
Photo by "Abeno Harukas" HP
See more ->Abeno Harukas