Dams, Canals Northern Kyushu Area
Koishiwaragawa Dam (Under construction)
|Purpose||FNW *See more -> the functions of the dam|
|Location||Asakura City, Fukuoka Pref. *See more|
|River||Koishiwara River, Chikugo River System|
|Details||Koishiwaragawa Dam is adopting the stepped spillway that has been scarcely adopted in Japan. The chute section in general is mostly slope shaped, but, a stepped type is to be adopted to give the dissipation effect and reduce the flow velocity, while making the spillway to stay compact.|
- 1373-1 Kamiakizuki,Asakura City, Fukuoka Pref.
- Phone No.
Apprx.20 min. by bus from Amagi sta. of Nishi-Nppon Railroad Amagi Line or Amagi Railway
- Akizuki City (Entire central city area is designated the traditional structure conservation area)
- Akizuki City, the base town of Egawa Dam and Koishibara Dam (under construction), is called the miniture KYOTO of Chikuzen Region of Kyushu because it still retains the traditional atmosphere of castle town of Edo period. Now the entire central city area is designated a traditional historical structure conservation area. When you explore this city area, strolling in the town, you will feel bits and pieces of traditional EDO period of life. (After Meiji Restoration, this town was unfortunately left untouched from new technological development until recently, but thanks to it, traditional EDO period atmosphere has been kept until now. Strolling intown and visiting the ruins of Akizuki Castle will be a great fun for you.
Photo by "YOKANAVI (Fukuoka City Guide)" HP
See more ->YOKANAVI (Fukuoka City Guide)
- Asakura three waterwheels
- This three waterwheels in series originally built in Edo period has been used for water intake to a little elevated irrigation canal. You will be surprised to see the powerful water run through the traditional equipment to make use of water for effective irrigation water conveyance.
Photo by "Fukuoka Prefecture Tourist Information ´CROSS ROAD FUKUOKA´" HP
See more ->Fukuoka Prefecture Tourist Information "CROSS ROAD FUKUOKA"
- Koishibara-yaki Porcelain
- Koishibara Porcelain ware is well known for it unique surface decoration, whirling engraving technique using a plane blade touching a ware placed on the rotating table. It is a very good souvenir as a daily use tableware.
Photo by "Japan Traditional Crafts Aoyama Square" HP
See more ->Japan Traditional Crafts Aoyama Square