Dams, Canals Kanto Area
|Facilities||Intake: Sluice gate: 2.8m (wide) X 2.3m (high), Control gate: 2 gates, both base with steel pipe pile
Canal: max. 3.25m³/s, Length: 32.2km, Diameter 1.350-350mm, Shinkawa Pumping Station, Koizumi Pumping Station-Pressure pumping stations at 4 points
|Details||Based on the Exceptional Finance Law related to the construction of New Tokyo International Airport, water supply was required for the farmland for 3,327 ha (1,889ha of rice paddies and 1,438 ha of dry fields) within the designated noise area. To supply 3.25m³/s of irrigation water sourced from Kawaji Dam, Narita Canal was constructed and JWA has been conducting the effective operation and management since the start of management in April 1981.|
- Katori City, Chiba Pref.
- Phone No.
- Fax No.
*Chiba Canal Integrated Operation and Maintenance Office
Train and car
Approx.10 min. by car from Sawara sta. of JR Narita Line
- Narita-san Shinshoji Temple
- Narita-san Shinshoji Temple is said to date back to 940A.D. It has the vast precincts for 200,000m² and adjacent Narita Park of 165,000m² combined, it has 360,000m² space. As this temple was not so far from the Tokugawa Shogunate headquarters, it was nourished by them in various ways. In addition, a famous theatrical Kabuki player named Ichikawa Danjyuro was a famous devotee of this temple and he named his housename after Narita, the temple became quite famous among worshippers starting in Edo period. With an array of souvenir shops and Japanese food restaurants, mostly specialized in grilled eel (Unagi) on the way to the entrance gate, which is about 10 minutes walk from Narita Station, Narita-san Shinshoji Temple invites a lot of visitors, mostly worshippers from across Kanto Region and from the overseas, too. Especially during the first three days of new year, the number of visitors to the temple reaches about 3 million and ranks 2nd among all the temples and shrines in Japan.
Photo by "Narita-san Shinshoji Temple" HP
See more ->Narita-san Shinshoji Temple
- Museum of Aeronautical Sciences
- Museum of Aeronautical Sciences is located adjacent to the Tokyo International Airport (Narita) and is accessible by bus. This museum has an extensive collections of various data and publications related to the aeronautical sciences, air flights, and aircrafts. Mock-ups of cabin, cockpit, cross-section of aircraft, etc. are on display.
See more ->Museum of Aeronautical Sciences (Only Japanese)
- "Setubun-e", a traditional ceremony of the end of winter and welcoming the coming of spring at Naritasan Shinshoji Temple [3 February]
- Narita-san Shinshoji Temple is one of the most attractive worshippers' spots for Kanto Region as shown on the Tourist Spot section on this website. As in Japan the official day of the change of season from severe winter to balmy spring is very important, the temple highly regards this day an important day to conduct the luck-inviting ritual named "Mamemaki" literally meaning throwing handfuls of beans and shouting "Demons out! Good luck in!" At this temple, some famous cerebrities such as the famous actors and actresses of NHK (public TV) Series of drams and Sumo wreslers are invited to come up to the designated stage where they perform beans throwing ritual, wishing the national security, people's hapiness, rich harvest, and bad luck turing to become good fortune for all the people.
Photo by "FEEL Narita" Narita City Tourism Association HP
See more ->"FEEL Narita" Narita City Tourism Association