Dams, Canals Chubu Area
|Purpose||AWIP *See more -> the functions of the dam|
|Location||Kiso Town, Kiso Gun, Nagano Pref. / Otaki Village, Kiso Gun, Nagano Pref. *See more|
|River||Otaki River, Kiso River System|
|Details||Makio Dam is a main water source of Aichi Canal. Its construction project was financially supported by the World Bank. The dam was constructed with imported heavy machinery with the cooperation of American engineers.
See more The Brochure [2.5MB]
- 25-25 Katahirayama Morowa,Togo Town, Aichi Pref.
- Phone No.
Get off Tomei Expressway at Tomei-Miyoshi IC
Get off Meitetsu Toyota Line at Komenoki sta.
- Kiso Fukushima, Yabuhara and Narai Post-station Town in Kiso area
- Kiso Fukushima, Yabuhara and Narai Town used to be the 34th post-station town out of 69 post-station towns of Nakasen-do Road. During Edo Period, 5 major roads were built with Edo as the starting post. Between Edo (former name of Tokyo) and Kyoto (then capital city) was connected by two major roads, i.e. Tokaido with 53 post-stations and Nakasendo with 69 post-stations. These towns located in the central part of Japan in high mountain area with its elevation of about 900m, this post worked as an important resting place for travellers then. Inns, shops, restaurants were lined up along the road, and offered accomodations, foods, local favorites. Nowadays similar house settings are still kept and attract visitors who want to be immersed in a kind of old-fashioned atmosphere.
Absorutely, you should not miss eating the Soba noodle, one of the specialities of Kiso area !
- Mt. Ontake and Mr. Kiso-Komagatake
- One of the famous Japanese novelist, Shimazaki Toson, used the phrase "the whole Kiso area situates deep in mountains. All the visitors will feel the spiritual atmosphere. Two symbol Mountains in Kiso are Mt. Ontake and Mt. Kiso-Komagtake, both of which have 3,000m class sumits. Mt. Ontake is the active volcano and its gentle skirt and massive scale have attracted people from ancient times. Mt. Kiso-Komagatake has the curl made by the ancient glacier near its summit. Both mountains are the major sightseeing spots and are easilyaccessible by the Mt. Ontake ropeway and Mt. Kiso-Komagatake ropeway respectively.
Photo by "Kiso Town Tourism Assocciation" HP
See more ->Kiso Town Tourism Assocciation