Dams, Canals Kanto Area
|Purpose||FNWP *See more -> the functions of the dam|
|Location||Chichibu City, Saitama Pref. *See more|
|River||Nakatsu River, Ara River System|
|Type||Concrete gravity dam|
|Gate||High head radial gate:2
Jet flow gate:2
|Details||The Special Pipe Transportation Method (SP-TOM) that conveys concrete through a rotating cylinder pipe installed on a steep slope was used to place the concrete at energy dissipator. In addition, Takizawa Dam is the first large dam that adopted the multistage selective water intake gate.
See more The Brochure [3.0MB]
Ururu-kun and Fururu-chan
- Chichibu City, Saitama Pref.
- Phone No.
*Arakawa Dam Integrated Operation and Maintenance Office
Train and Bus
Apprx.30 min. by bus from Mitsumine-guchi sta. of Chichibu Railway
Apprx.50 min. from Chichibu City Office
- 2011 Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Award (Group Ⅱ)
- 2010 Outstanding Civil Engineering Design grand Prize
- 2009 Engineering Award of Japan Society of Dam Engineers
- 1999 Good Design Award
- 1998 Japan Concrete Engineering Association Award
- 1998 Best Work Award of Japan Prestressed Concrete Institute
- 1998 Tanaka Award (Excellence in Bridge design and constraction)
- Nakatsu Ravine
- Nakatsu Ravine is a famous tourist destination, especially in Autumn, when combination of red, yellow and green colors of leaves gives us a beautiful setting of natural harmony of colors reflecting over the river and streams.
See more ->Chichibu Visitor's Guide
- The remains of Tochimoto Checkpoint Station
- Before Tokugawa Shogunate Government started in Edo Period, then feudal lord Shingen Takeda of Koushu Region set up a checkpoint station at the gate to Koushu from Chichibu, a part of Chichibu belonging to Edo area. Located close to the mountain pass, this site still retains the atmosphere of feudal age scene.
- Mitsumine Shrine
- Mitsumine Shrine is now a famous place where a lot of "power spots", source of misterious power which gives us a good fortune is located. As the shrine sits in a high elevation area of 1100m above sea level and is near the high deep Tama mountain region, this has been the place of worship among pious worshippers.
Photo by "Chichibu Area Tourism Organization" HP
See more ->Chichibu Area Tourism Organization
Takizawa Dam Curry and Rice
Roadside station Otaki hot spring"Gorokan"
- 4277-2 Otaki, Chichibu City, Saitama Pref.
- Phone No.
- on Thu. (exc. Holidays, from 20 Jul. to 31 Aug., and from 25 Oct. to 20 Nov.)